Wiki Woes: Volume 2

Around a week ago, I noticed the Wikipedia page for Atlanta Hip-Hop was missing rap history from 2010 to 2018.  Jimmy Wales (Founder of Wikipedia, savior of college students) must be smiling down on me because my contribution hasn't been deleted.

God bless you, Mr. Wales.

I think I did a good job with my entry. I gave some solid facts about the chart positions of Atlanta rappers and the city's wider cultural influence. One rapper missing from the Wiki page is Soulja Boy.

Oh god no.

"Crank That" is seared into my memory. It was inescapable in 2007. To this day, I have flashbacks of gangly white kids desperately trying to do the Crank That dance in the hallways of Haines middle school.

Nobody needs to be reminded of "Crank That". I think I'll leave it off the Wiki page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Rita Houston

Today, I had the privilege of interviewing Rita Houston, the program director for WFUV. WFUV is the music discovery station that runs out of...